Water Safety Month 2017
May is National Water Safety Month, designed to raise awareness of how important safety is when having fun in an inground pool, or with any water activity. We’ve discussed this in prior posts, but it never hurts to remind ourselves of the steps we can take to make sure that children and adults alike can have safe fun this pool season. Here are a few tips courtesy of the Red Cross, with a focus on pool safety for kids:
• Install and use barriers around your home pool or spa
• Actively supervise children in or around the water
• Always stay within arm’s reach of young children and avoid distractions
• Reach or throw aid to distressed swimmers — don’t go!
• Keep toys not in use away from the pool and out of sight.
The National Water Safety Month website has other great resources and you can also download this resource guide from the National Swimming Pool Foundation. For more information throughout Water Safety Month, Like us on Facebook.