Water Safety Month 2019
It’s May and National Water Safety Month is here again. This annual event is designed to raise awareness of how important safety is when having fun in an inground pool, or with any water activity. And with Memorial Day (and the official start of swimming season) just a few short weeks away, it’s a good time to refresh our awareness of some important pool safety tips courtesy of the Red Cross:
• Install and use barriers around your home pool or spa
• Actively supervise children in or around the water
• Always stay within arm’s reach of young children and avoid distractions
• Reach or throw aid to distressed swimmers — don’t go!
• Keep toys not in use away from the pool and out of sight.
The National Water Safety Month website has other great resources and you can also download this resource guide from the National Swimming Pool Foundation. For more information throughout Water Safety Month, Like us on Facebook.